Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use the camera connection kit to charge my ipad 2?

The power adapter isn't working, but I have the camera connection kit. Can I connect the usb to a charger without damaging anything? Will it work? Thanks

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 7:47 AM

Hello,

iPad 2 uses Apple's 30-pin Dock Connector and Apple's Camera Connection Kit for the 30-pin Dock Connector only has a USB port without a power passthrough to charge iPad. Are you referring to the iPad Air 2? If so and you are using Apple's Lightning to USB 3 adapter that has a USB-A port and a Lightning power passthrough port then it was designed for iPad's charger to be connected simultaneously with a USB peripheral.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2020 7:47 AM in response to VictorRC

Hello,

iPad 2 uses Apple's 30-pin Dock Connector and Apple's Camera Connection Kit for the 30-pin Dock Connector only has a USB port without a power passthrough to charge iPad. Are you referring to the iPad Air 2? If so and you are using Apple's Lightning to USB 3 adapter that has a USB-A port and a Lightning power passthrough port then it was designed for iPad's charger to be connected simultaneously with a USB peripheral.

Can I use the camera connection kit to charge my ipad 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.