Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enable auto-capitalisation on notes in mac?

Apps like pages have individual capitalisation setting but built-in notes didn’t. I already enable auto-capitalise on system preferences but my text in notes app didn’t do so until I enable check spelling automatically.

Is there other way to enable auto-capitalise on notes app with the 'check spelling automatically' disable? Because spelling check is really annoying since my default typing language (malay) not on mac.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 3:53 PM

Hi, laymarn.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We’re glad you decided to reach out about the issues with typing in Notes on your Mac. We were able to confirm that Notes doesn’t automatically capitalize when you have “Correct spelling automatically” deselected at System Preferences > Keyboard > Text. 

While we don’t see a way to force capitalization when you have it deselected, you may be able to add the Malay dictionary to your preferences and adjust the order in which your Mac prioritizes languages. 

Change Keyboard Text preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Click on Spelling > Set Up… on this System Preferences page. See the note that says, “To add an additional spelling dictionary, copy the dictionary files (.aff and .dic) to the Spelling folder in your Library folder.” If you can find those dictionary files, try adding the dictionary to your list. You may have to do a search for the files.

All our best.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 3:53 PM in response to laymarn

Hi, laymarn.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We’re glad you decided to reach out about the issues with typing in Notes on your Mac. We were able to confirm that Notes doesn’t automatically capitalize when you have “Correct spelling automatically” deselected at System Preferences > Keyboard > Text. 

While we don’t see a way to force capitalization when you have it deselected, you may be able to add the Malay dictionary to your preferences and adjust the order in which your Mac prioritizes languages. 

Change Keyboard Text preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Click on Spelling > Set Up… on this System Preferences page. See the note that says, “To add an additional spelling dictionary, copy the dictionary files (.aff and .dic) to the Spelling folder in your Library folder.” If you can find those dictionary files, try adding the dictionary to your list. You may have to do a search for the files.

All our best.

How to enable auto-capitalisation on notes in mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.