Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X Overnight / Standby battery drain

Looking for some solutions......., recently got a hands-down iPhone X (health is at 84% running iOS 13.6) and transferred all data over using iCloud. I have noticed that the battery drains overnight by 10-15% every night. The only solution I found so far is to shut down the iPhone and reboot it in the morning which only drained 1-2%.

I have tried to :-

turn off wifi

turn on airplane mode

turn off bluetooth

turn off mobile data

turn off privacy

turn off background refresh

turn off dark mode

turn on low power mode

logging out and re-log in iCloud

updated all apps

None of the above worked for me. As you can see in the picture, there is nothing running at all and overall screen on time usually is around 3 hours+ only. I don't think the iPhone X is that bad right?? Even my previous 5S can lasts around 2 hours+ screen time.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 8:19 PM

That sounds pretty normal. Your battery is quite old. It's going to lose charge more quickly that a newer one. Unless your phone is off, it is doing things even when you're not using it. Best practice is to plug it in at night. That way, it's fully charged in the morning. And, if you're connected to WiFi and the screen is off, it will automatically back up to iCloud.

See this article for additional advice.

When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2020 8:19 PM in response to xKaizoku

That sounds pretty normal. Your battery is quite old. It's going to lose charge more quickly that a newer one. Unless your phone is off, it is doing things even when you're not using it. Best practice is to plug it in at night. That way, it's fully charged in the morning. And, if you're connected to WiFi and the screen is off, it will automatically back up to iCloud.

See this article for additional advice.

When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

iPhone X Overnight / Standby battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.