Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WatchOS 6.2.8 Wake Screen on Wrist Raise no longer works

Since 6.2.8 update, Wake Screen no longer works. No preferences were changed. Wake Screen on Wrist Raise is on. Orientation is correct. Is there something else that influences this?

On my Watch 4, each of the last 3 updates has created significant problems, including battery that lasted all day to lasting 3 hours. Is there something other than restart watch to try? When battery lasted 3 hours, I erased the watch and restored from backup, which seemed to fix the problem. I don't want to do that every time there is an update.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 7:53 PM

I found the problem: Theatre mode was turned on. Though I didn’t change any settings after the update. This occurs with every update, and I go hunting for the combination of settings that cause certain behavior.

If anyone knows how the author can delete their own post, that would be helpful. Thanks.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2020 7:53 PM in response to rboko

I found the problem: Theatre mode was turned on. Though I didn’t change any settings after the update. This occurs with every update, and I go hunting for the combination of settings that cause certain behavior.

If anyone knows how the author can delete their own post, that would be helpful. Thanks.

WatchOS 6.2.8 Wake Screen on Wrist Raise no longer works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.