Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

see my apple id and password are correct and whenever i go to app store and update any app it ask for the password which when i fill correct it says that password is not correct .it happens all the time .many a time i have relogged in to the id but

why my password is shown wrong when updating any app

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 4:21 PM

Hey there Nitesh.mohil,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re having issues updating your apps and it seems related to your Apple ID and password. We’ll be happy to help.

This issue can occur if the apps you’re attempting to update were downloaded under a different Apple ID account. If you delete one of the apps in question, then go to the App Store, does it show the option to redownload (a cloud with a down arrow on it) or does it ask you to Get or show the price like it’s never been purchased on your account? If it’s the latter, then you would want to redownload the apps under your own account.

If you have more than one Apple ID that you use, you may want to look into using Family Sharing so you can have apps from your different accounts without having to purchase on multiple accounts. Take a look at this article for more info:

Set up Family Sharing

We hope this helps.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 4:21 PM in response to Nitesh.mohil

Hey there Nitesh.mohil,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re having issues updating your apps and it seems related to your Apple ID and password. We’ll be happy to help.

This issue can occur if the apps you’re attempting to update were downloaded under a different Apple ID account. If you delete one of the apps in question, then go to the App Store, does it show the option to redownload (a cloud with a down arrow on it) or does it ask you to Get or show the price like it’s never been purchased on your account? If it’s the latter, then you would want to redownload the apps under your own account.

If you have more than one Apple ID that you use, you may want to look into using Family Sharing so you can have apps from your different accounts without having to purchase on multiple accounts. Take a look at this article for more info:

Set up Family Sharing

We hope this helps.

Take care.

see my apple id and password are correct and whenever i go to app store and update any app it ask for the password which when i fill correct it says that password is not correct .it happens all the time .many a time i have relogged in to the id but

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.