Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete other file?

Hi, i am a mac user and there is a huge other files that take a lot of my storage.

How could I delete them?TT

It takes half of my storage TTTTT

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 5:17 AM

OK, there are various ways of seeing the sizes via open windows in ‘Finder’ Using the menus but as your looking at the ‘About this Mac>Storage we’ll deal with that So to the right of that window in the screenshot it says ‘Manage...’

Click that, it’ll take a few seconds to start calculating, and down the left hand side you’ll see folders with sizes. Look at those and if any show huge sizes that’s where to look to start. Do that and we’ll go from there. Obviously ‘Applications’ will be big, but try this first.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 5:17 AM in response to sososound

OK, there are various ways of seeing the sizes via open windows in ‘Finder’ Using the menus but as your looking at the ‘About this Mac>Storage we’ll deal with that So to the right of that window in the screenshot it says ‘Manage...’

Click that, it’ll take a few seconds to start calculating, and down the left hand side you’ll see folders with sizes. Look at those and if any show huge sizes that’s where to look to start. Do that and we’ll go from there. Obviously ‘Applications’ will be big, but try this first.

How to delete other file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.