You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

device not showing in itunes on laptop (computer recognizes device, but NOT iTunes)

I have just opened the Tunes app on my laptop (Acer Aspire S13), running windows 10.

I've imported music from my laptop into my iTunes app (so my laptop recognizes the iPad Air). However, when I click on Devices to sync my iTunes on my laptop with my iPad air - it's greyed out and I can't sync the music.

As you can see - driver is showing

I did "update" to be on the safe side and Windows responded I had the most recent driver available

As you can see, my iPad shows up in my File Manager

However, when I try to sync my device - there are no devices to sync to - my iPad is not showing up in my iTunes

And this popped up:

So - what am I missing to connect/syn the information in my iTunes app on my laptop, to my iTunes on my iPad?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 1:26 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jul 22, 2020 9:53 AM in response to sugerray50

Hi sugerray50,

We understand your iPad is not recognized in iTunes.

We would recommend reviewing this article: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.

If the issue persists, we would recommend removing iTunes and all related software, and reinstalling. You can learn how to do so here: Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

device not showing in itunes on laptop (computer recognizes device, but NOT iTunes)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.