Newsroom Update

Apple announces new accessibility features, including Eye Tracking, Music Haptics, and Vocal Shortcuts. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change camera mode (vid/slomo/picture) using VoiceOver?

I cannot find the command to change the camera mode. I know that all you have to do is swipe left/right to change the mode, but the command “swipe left”/“swipe right” do not work in the camera app. I have tried other commands but they didn’t work. What would be the command to quickly switch the modes?

iPhone SE

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 11:50 AM

I meant VoiceOver. And I figured it out. You have to click the middle of the screen one time, then you have to double tap the screen and hold on the second tap for about 1-1.5 seconds, then swipe left/right.

Took a lot of trial and error but I figured it out. Too bad apple has zero documentation for it.

3 replies

Jul 20, 2020 5:57 AM in response to Blackace_72

Blackace_72 wrote: "I meant VoiceOver."

I think my doubt stemmed from you writing: «the command “swipe left”/“swipe right” do not work» ...rather than: «the gesture “swipe left”/“swipe right” do not work». ...Anyway, I'm glad to hear you figured it out – thanks for posting back.

"Too bad apple has zero documentation for it."

Let them know via this page:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

õ¿õ¬

Jul 19, 2020 1:33 AM in response to Blackace_72

Blackace_72 wrote: "...the command “swipe left”/“swipe right”..."

Blackace ~ My understanding is that commands are given to Voice Control, but in your post's title you indicate you're using VoiceOver. Assuming you meant Voice Control, as a test, I turned it on by saying: "Hey Siri, turn on Voice Control". The blue microphone symbol appeared at upper left. I then said: "Swipe right" and the Camera Mode changed appropriately. Also for "Swipe left".

Voice Control offers Overlays which label the actionable items on the screen with numbers, names, or even a grid so it's easier to identify the item on the screen you want to interact with. For example:

Say: "Show names" or "Show names continuously"

Say: "Camera Mode"

Say: "Swipe right" or "Swipe left"

Say: "Hide names"

...The above commands are listed in this article:

Everything you can do with Voice Control on iPhone and iPad

õ¿õ¬

How to change camera mode (vid/slomo/picture) using VoiceOver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.