Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have used the USB to USB-C adapter to connect the SuperDrive directly to my Mac Air. The computer says that it needs power and I should directly to the computer. What is wrong and what should I do?

I have used the USB to USB-C adapter to connect the SuperDrive directly to my Mac Air. The computer says that it needs power and I should connect it directly to the computer. That is what I did. What is wrong and what should I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 3:56 PM

Hey there, Murphydogg42.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for posting about your SuperDrive not working as expected when connected to your MacBook Air. We'd be glad to see what we can do to help you out.

So just to make sure we're on the same page here, it sounds like you're connecting the SuperDrive directly into your Mac with the correct adapter, but we want to make sure that you're not using any sort of hub or multi connector along the way, as that could limit functionality of the drive. If you're going straight from the USB-A to USB-C to the Mac, then check out Get help with the slot-loading SuperDrive on your Mac computer.

If those steps prove unhelpful, Get Support directly from Apple using this link.

Be well.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 3:56 PM in response to Murphydogg42

Hey there, Murphydogg42.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for posting about your SuperDrive not working as expected when connected to your MacBook Air. We'd be glad to see what we can do to help you out.

So just to make sure we're on the same page here, it sounds like you're connecting the SuperDrive directly into your Mac with the correct adapter, but we want to make sure that you're not using any sort of hub or multi connector along the way, as that could limit functionality of the drive. If you're going straight from the USB-A to USB-C to the Mac, then check out Get help with the slot-loading SuperDrive on your Mac computer.

If those steps prove unhelpful, Get Support directly from Apple using this link.

Be well.

I have used the USB to USB-C adapter to connect the SuperDrive directly to my Mac Air. The computer says that it needs power and I should directly to the computer. What is wrong and what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.