Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped IPad Pro Glass Broke IPad crashes

I dropped my IPad Pro on Friday, the glass cracked on the corner and shattered the screen, now when I turn it on it keeps crashing cutting off and cutting back on just to crash again. I tried to do a full reset, shut off shut on, nothing works can you please advice.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 10:11 AM

Apple doesn't repair iPad. They will offer you an Out of Warranty replacement for about 60% of the price when it was new or if you purchased AppleCare+ and it is still valid, for $49. The Out of Warranty costs are considerably higher.

See this link and schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar --> iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2020 10:11 AM in response to HRB2215

Apple doesn't repair iPad. They will offer you an Out of Warranty replacement for about 60% of the price when it was new or if you purchased AppleCare+ and it is still valid, for $49. The Out of Warranty costs are considerably higher.

See this link and schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar --> iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Jul 19, 2020 10:14 AM in response to HRB2215

The only possible advice is to have Apple repair or replace it. That much damage cannot circumvented by user action. US costs of iPad repair are in this Apple article:

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

(I hope you have AppleCare + coverage.)

Typically, they do not "fix" yours. They give you a refurb of the same model. The big issue now is how to back up and iPad that will not start. Do you have a recent backup?

Dropped IPad Pro Glass Broke IPad crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.