Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost contacts

I lost most of my contacts today. I deleted an old email account this morning and that may have had something to do with it. Is there any way that I can retrieve my contacts?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 11:07 AM

It appears that you lost most of your contacts upon deletion of an old email account. Your assumption is correct. It has everything to do with the old email account deletion. Can you add it back again? If you can then do so because that action will bring the contacts back. Which email app do you use? Is that email an IMAP type account?

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2020 11:07 AM in response to help003

It appears that you lost most of your contacts upon deletion of an old email account. Your assumption is correct. It has everything to do with the old email account deletion. Can you add it back again? If you can then do so because that action will bring the contacts back. Which email app do you use? Is that email an IMAP type account?

Axel F.

Lost contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.