Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro doesn't charge

I just bought a 16" MacBook Pro. Since two days after I bought it, there's an issue where it doesn't charge until I unplug the USB-C cable from the adapter, plug it back in, then unplug the charger from the laptop and plug it back in. Sometimes I can get it to charge by going through the same process but instead of unplugging the USB-C cable from the adapter, I unplug the adapter from the wall -- the former method always works, though. I have no idea what's causing this. I've tried plugging the charger into other walls and extension cords, but the problem remains.

I suspect that it might have to do with the fact that right before this problem started, I had used an off-brand extension device that would plug into the USB-C port on my MacBook and function as a magnetic port for my charger -- basically imitating MagSafe with a USB-C charger. I used that once and this problem has been happening ever since. But I'm not entirely sure that's what's causing it.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 12:16 PM

Maybe try resetting the System Management Controller

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Pro doesn't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.