Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sender’s emails continue to be routed to junk mailbox

every One of my wife’s emAils to my yahoo email address continue being routed to my junk mailbox. Doesn’t happen with my icloud address. This is after repeatedly selecting her emails in junk box and designating them as “not junk” and redirecting them to inbox.

I have tried repeatedly, but all Emails from her to my yahoo address continue to be labeled as junk????

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 4:58 PM

Hello RogerCollie,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We see that you're having an issue with Yahoo incoming email from your wife routing to the Junk mailbox, and we'd like to do what we can to help.

Does she send from a different email address when the email is sent to your Yahoo email address? If so, verify that you have that email address also shown in the Contacts app for her. Edit contacts on iPhone

Since emails sent from her to your iCloud email address are not having an issue, the next step is to contact Yahoo, the email provider. There may be a setting within the Yahoo account that may need changing.

We did find this Yahoo help page, which may get you started: Help for your Yahoo Account

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 4:58 PM in response to RogerCollie

Hello RogerCollie,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We see that you're having an issue with Yahoo incoming email from your wife routing to the Junk mailbox, and we'd like to do what we can to help.

Does she send from a different email address when the email is sent to your Yahoo email address? If so, verify that you have that email address also shown in the Contacts app for her. Edit contacts on iPhone

Since emails sent from her to your iCloud email address are not having an issue, the next step is to contact Yahoo, the email provider. There may be a setting within the Yahoo account that may need changing.

We did find this Yahoo help page, which may get you started: Help for your Yahoo Account

Take care!

Jul 22, 2020 9:48 PM in response to raina_b22

Going to Yahoo help site KIND OF helped. I used the unblock help suggestion, but did not find my wife's email address in the list of blocked email addresses.

I then went to Yahoo mail on the Yahoo website and found emails from my wife in the spam folder.

What worked was clicking on one of those emails in the spam folder IN THE YAHOO WEBSITE EMAIL SECTION (Not on my mail program on my Mac) and then selected "not spam"

This appears to have corrected the problem.

Sender’s emails continue to be routed to junk mailbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.