Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted auto-replies in iMessage "Auto Generated Text:OK"

For the past six months or so, iMessage on my iPhone X (running iOS 13.5.1) has occasionally auto-replied to incoming text messages with "Auto Generated Text:OK" Does anyone know how to prevent that from happening? The unwanted auto reply recently responded to an incoming pharmacy text message with "Auto Generated Text:OK" causing the pharmacy to think I wanted to refill a prescription. Ouch. Apple Support thinks these unwanted auto-replies may be coming from a third party-app. I've searched my phone for rogue apps that may be accessing iMessage...but so far no luck. (Note that my Do Not Disturb is set for Auto Reply to No One)

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 2:37 PM

Very helpful. Your reply triggered a successful search for the culprit. It wasn't a car dashboard, but close. It was my 2016 Harley Davidson Road Glide! I dug deep into the built-in Harley Boom Box menus and found a default setting on the motorcycle for Enable Auto Reply to SMS. The text field was set to "OK". Phew. Glad that mystery is solved. Thanks! -- Rick

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2020 2:37 PM in response to MrHoffman

Very helpful. Your reply triggered a successful search for the culprit. It wasn't a car dashboard, but close. It was my 2016 Harley Davidson Road Glide! I dug deep into the built-in Harley Boom Box menus and found a default setting on the motorcycle for Enable Auto Reply to SMS. The text field was set to "OK". Phew. Glad that mystery is solved. Thanks! -- Rick

Unwanted auto-replies in iMessage "Auto Generated Text:OK"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.