Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stop Message in iOS from offering to mark text messages as spam when I delete them?

Apple seems to think that I'm only ever going to get messages from people in my address book. Apparently nobody there has ever ordered food from GrubHub, dealt with a home contractor, turned on text notifications for their utility companies, or otherwise interacted with the many random phone numbers from whom the rest of us constantly get text messages.

But every time I go to delete one of these commercial text messages from the Message app on my iPhone 14 Pro, iOS "helpfully" forces me to either engage with or dismiss a stupid "Report Junk" modal dialog.

It. Is. MADDENING.

This happens literally 5 times a day.

How do I make it stop?

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 11:00 AM

At this time, you cannot remove it. Make sure you're updated to the latest version of iOS 16 as some changes were made in one of the most recent updates that made it, according to people it bothered, "better".

You can also submit feedback to Apple here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply

How can I stop Message in iOS from offering to mark text messages as spam when I delete them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.