Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't copy documents/files to internal HD

I've just upgraded to Catalina on my 2015 Mac, and 'migrated' my files from my older mac (2009) to this one, and realized not all the files moved over, including my photos. So I copied/exported the files I wanted to an external SSD, figured that's the easiest way to transferred the files. But I can't seem to 'copy' any files to my internal HD, it would only copy onto the desktop, not where I want them. I was able to install new applications which shows up in the Application folder on the HD, but apparently have no 'permission' to copy files to the HD. I tried to change the sharing/permission status, but it won't let me even though I am the admin, even if I sign in as the 'root' system administrator. I came across some articles about how filing system is now different in Catalina, can anyone help and explain what I need to do? Thanks

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 1:13 PM

Hi again, nothing wrong with an alias, just used to having access to my HD to move files around easily, which I can't do. I don't like having a cluttered desktop. But will get used to this I'm sure. Thank you again for your help.

Similar questions

4 replies

Can't copy documents/files to internal HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.