Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant reinstall mac os!!

Hi i was using the big sur beta on my mac. I’ve since erased my mac and tried reinstalling mac os as im selling my macbook. I dont have any back ups available, and it just gives me error code 1008F when trying to install over wifi. If i use install mac os from recovery it only gives me the mac OS big sur beta as an option but when i click next it gives me the “ downloading the installer build manifest failed” message, PLEASE HELP!!

MacBook

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 8:45 PM

Did you change the entries in System Preferences > Software Updates and/or un-enroll from the Beta program?

Since we are not allowed to discuss anything beta related except to link you to Apple articles in order to revert using a backup, we cannot help much here. Unless we have attempted the same thing you have, we would most likely not know how to troubleshoot. I would assume that it may present a problem without having an opportunity to restore from a backup. Personally, I would never install a beta without having at least one backup or two, especially a bootable clone.

Here is a link on how to unenroll and return to a previous OS:

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 8:45 PM in response to Cololiflowa

Did you change the entries in System Preferences > Software Updates and/or un-enroll from the Beta program?

Since we are not allowed to discuss anything beta related except to link you to Apple articles in order to revert using a backup, we cannot help much here. Unless we have attempted the same thing you have, we would most likely not know how to troubleshoot. I would assume that it may present a problem without having an opportunity to restore from a backup. Personally, I would never install a beta without having at least one backup or two, especially a bootable clone.

Here is a link on how to unenroll and return to a previous OS:

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll

Cant reinstall mac os!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.