Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frozen Apple - iPhone 11 Pro Max 13.5.1

I had been having issues with my iPhone 11 Pro Max. I was getting ready to update it from 13.5.1 to 13.6. Unfortunately, it crashed to a frozen apple screen last night before I went to bed. I figured I would just erase it and reinstall iOS this morning. I have spent 2 hours trying to do this on my own to no avail. My Mac Pro does not see my iPhone 11 Pro Max OR my iPad Pro. I have checked the settings in Finder to verify that the side bar would show CD/DVD/iOS. I have tried a hard reset on the iPhone. It takes 12 seconds for the apple to go away...only for it to pop back up again and stay there. (The does "blink" on/off about every 30-60 seconds.) I don't have another phone, my Apple Watch has lost it's cellular connection for some odd reason, and Apple Support is not taking chat right now...only a reservation for phone calls (I don't have a phone).

Can ANYONE help me, please? I have no way of receiving/sending phone calls.

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 3:38 PM

Hello HereForTheComments,

We understand that you're frozen and you have no way of getting or making phone calls. We're happy to help!

Follow the steps provided in the article for help with your phone being frozen.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen

If you get the phone working again and need help with updating the phone then follow the steps in the article below.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're still having an issue with the phone being frozen then the next step would be to contact Apple Support.

Contact Apple Support

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2020 3:38 PM in response to HereForTheComments

Hello HereForTheComments,

We understand that you're frozen and you have no way of getting or making phone calls. We're happy to help!

Follow the steps provided in the article for help with your phone being frozen.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen

If you get the phone working again and need help with updating the phone then follow the steps in the article below.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're still having an issue with the phone being frozen then the next step would be to contact Apple Support.

Contact Apple Support

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Frozen Apple - iPhone 11 Pro Max 13.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.