Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Contacts not backing up to iCloud.

Even though I have it turned on to back up my contacts on iCloud, I've noticed they aren't all on iCloud. Some are and some aren't, but I can't tell why that is. I've turned on/off the back up to iCloud switch on my contacts, but still doesn't appear to be updating on iCloud. I can edit the existing ones from the ipad and it updates it in iCloud but new ones aren't being backed up to iCloud. I've updated they software on the ipad, I've tried refreshing everything on iCloud. What else can one do?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 5:09 PM

If storing contacts in iCloud, it's not considered a part of the backup as this is what iCloud backs up - What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support. Do you have enough iCloud storage space for your contacts and other stuff?

1 reply

New Contacts not backing up to iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.