Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network Connection Was Lost

While downloading new updates to OS, I get the message

"The network connection was lost, an error occurred while installing the selected updates."

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 8:22 AM

How far were you from your router? It's possible to lose a connection if you are working via wi-fi.

I only occasionally work with my MacBook Air, but then, even from my bedroom, my router is only about 5 or 6 metres away, and there is only a single brick width of a wall.

Interference can also occur if someone is running an appliance, like a microwave oven, which can seriously affect wi-fi transmission. It could also mean that your router needs rebooting. Not a major task, but can take a few minutes.

Another person may have a better answer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 8:22 AM in response to berumenm

How far were you from your router? It's possible to lose a connection if you are working via wi-fi.

I only occasionally work with my MacBook Air, but then, even from my bedroom, my router is only about 5 or 6 metres away, and there is only a single brick width of a wall.

Interference can also occur if someone is running an appliance, like a microwave oven, which can seriously affect wi-fi transmission. It could also mean that your router needs rebooting. Not a major task, but can take a few minutes.

Another person may have a better answer.

Network Connection Was Lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.