Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Message "The network connection was lost"

My son has a 2013 MacBook pro, High Sierra version 10.13.6. Whenever he tries to do a security update, it says the network connection was lost. He checked the network and it is connected so not user what to do. He's having trouble doing any updates so I'm not sure what is going on.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 9:54 PM

Bvwilliams Said:

"Error Message 'The network connection was lost': My son has a 2013 MacBook pro, High Sierra version 10.13.6. Whenever he tries to do a security update, it says the network connection was lost.[...]"

-------

Use Ethernet:

There is an error connecting to Apple's servers. So, connect using an Ethernet cable, rather than using WiFi.  Ethernet is hardwired, meaning it is a more reliable and trustworthy source of connectivity. You connect it from the computer into the router.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2022 9:54 PM in response to Bvwilliams

Bvwilliams Said:

"Error Message 'The network connection was lost': My son has a 2013 MacBook pro, High Sierra version 10.13.6. Whenever he tries to do a security update, it says the network connection was lost.[...]"

-------

Use Ethernet:

There is an error connecting to Apple's servers. So, connect using an Ethernet cable, rather than using WiFi.  Ethernet is hardwired, meaning it is a more reliable and trustworthy source of connectivity. You connect it from the computer into the router.

Error Message "The network connection was lost"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.