Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files App on iPhone SE 2nd Gen taking too much space

Like the title, the problem I have is that the Files App is showing a lot of space in the Settings>General>iPhone Storage (iOS 13.6) but, when I open the Files App, I have literally no files in it to take up space.

My storage is already 90GB because of this. Please guide me to rectify this problem I’m facing.

Thank You.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 10:22 AM

I've had this happen on iPadOS, solved it by reinstalling the Files app. It can be uninstalled like other apps, then reinstalled from the App Store. I didn't lose any data during this process, not even files from On my iPad. Even so, it's always a good idea to back up anything valuable to the cloud or a computer.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 10:22 AM in response to abhishreshta

I've had this happen on iPadOS, solved it by reinstalling the Files app. It can be uninstalled like other apps, then reinstalled from the App Store. I didn't lose any data during this process, not even files from On my iPad. Even so, it's always a good idea to back up anything valuable to the cloud or a computer.

Files App on iPhone SE 2nd Gen taking too much space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.