Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have questions essentially about deregistering iPhones and separating my cell phone numbers

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max through Verizon and I have a second iPhone XS Max through T-mobile. they both have separate telephone numbers. I broke my iPhone 11 and recently received a replacement for it through my insurance provider. When I set up the phone and put in the new Verizon Wireless SIM card that was sent with the phone, the phone was automatically connected to my T-mobile phone -- the notifications would go to both phones, all of the settings were the same etc.

in the past, I was able to login into my iCloud account from both phones and I would still be able to receive messages to iPhone 11 number and the iPhone XS number; but now it is not allowing me to use my original Verizon phone number on the new phone that I just set up.

Would I need to reset the replacement phone and try restoring it from a previous phone backup in iTunes (from the iPhone 11) or do I need to contact my phone carrier?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 2:21 PM

Check the Settings > Messages info and make sure Text Message Forwarding is not going to your other phone. Same with Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices -> Off.

Hopefully that should fix the issue.

You might also want to look at the following help articles:

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 2:21 PM in response to nijaestark

Check the Settings > Messages info and make sure Text Message Forwarding is not going to your other phone. Same with Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices -> Off.

Hopefully that should fix the issue.

You might also want to look at the following help articles:

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing - Apple Support

I have questions essentially about deregistering iPhones and separating my cell phone numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.