Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone

I just purchased an iPhone 12 Pro Max from Apple. I asked them to notify my carrier when I bought the phone and just set it up. That went smoothly.

Now, my question is what do I do with my old SIM card, and my old phone? I see that non of my voice messages transferred to my new phone. Is that because they are on my old SIM card? Is there a way to save them on my new phone, or do I have to put the old one in to listen to those messages?

Before I can sell it I will need to reset it and wipe it. Can I do this even though my phone number no longer is associated with that phone? Will my phone carrier charge me for a 2nd line if I use it to reset, or is that ability built into the phone device itself, separate from an actual phone line?

I don't recall having these questions the last time I bought a new phone, but that was going from a 4 to a 7---a long time ago.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on May 16, 2021 10:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 10:17 PM

iPhone do not store data on a SIM card.

To transfer data from old to new, read here => Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

After the above is done and if you want to sell your old iPhone, read here => What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2021 10:17 PM in response to Debru4

iPhone do not store data on a SIM card.

To transfer data from old to new, read here => Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

After the above is done and if you want to sell your old iPhone, read here => What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

New iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.