Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with viewing articles on iPhone X

When I view articles on my iPhone XR eg electronic publications (NYT, WaPo, LA Times, etc), I ‘close it out’ supposedly. Then when I go to view another article, the old article is still there and I have to press ‘done’ in the upper left hand corner, then have to go back one more page by touching the ‘Safari’ in upper left corner.

i did not have to do this until the last month, it is very bothersome. Is it the iPhone or a Safari problem. Not liking my phone right now.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 11:38 AM

Hi martina51,

We understand you are experiencing an issue closing Safari tabs when viewing documents.

We would recommend clearing Safari History & Web Data. You can learn how to do so here: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Once cleared, Restart your iPhone.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2020 11:38 AM in response to martina51

Hi martina51,

We understand you are experiencing an issue closing Safari tabs when viewing documents.

We would recommend clearing Safari History & Web Data. You can learn how to do so here: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Once cleared, Restart your iPhone.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

problems with viewing articles on iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.