Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic keyboard and Apple Pencil

I just purchased the new 12.9 iPad. Looking at the apple keyboard. Two questions: 1. Use my apple pen a lot, looks like no place to store it on the keyboard?, 2. can I use it on the mouse part of the keyboard or do I have to remove iPad from the case? 3. can I use the mouse to draw with and is it easy and accurate?

Thanks so much for any help.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 5:12 PM

The Magic Keyboard for iPad does not stop you from attaching apple pencil. The iPad magnetically attaches to the keyboard, leaving the charging pad for the pencil completely available.

The Magic Keyboard has a Track Pad, not a mouse. Your question about using the pencil on the Track Pad doesn't make sense. The Track Pad and Apple Pencil do not work together.

You do NOT draw with the Track Pad. You draw with the Apple Pencil. You will find that using Apple Pencil is better if you simply remove the iPad from the Magic Keyboard and place the iPad on a flat surface to draw on.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 5:12 PM in response to LiquidFXpools

The Magic Keyboard for iPad does not stop you from attaching apple pencil. The iPad magnetically attaches to the keyboard, leaving the charging pad for the pencil completely available.

The Magic Keyboard has a Track Pad, not a mouse. Your question about using the pencil on the Track Pad doesn't make sense. The Track Pad and Apple Pencil do not work together.

You do NOT draw with the Track Pad. You draw with the Apple Pencil. You will find that using Apple Pencil is better if you simply remove the iPad from the Magic Keyboard and place the iPad on a flat surface to draw on.

Jul 23, 2020 6:47 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Thank you very helpful, sorry meant to say track pad. Wasn't sure it the track pad allowed me to use the pencil on it or if I had to remove the iPad. Makes sense to have to remove iPad and use pencil that way. Second was hoping that the new keyboard had a slot at the charging pad to hold the pencil better so I didn't loose it or have it fall off.

Thanks again. will have to try it.

magic keyboard and Apple Pencil

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.