Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to put old Photos Library in Catalina?

I rescued data from an obsolete MacBook Pro's corrupt disc - I now have an external hard drive with a folder tree like this: Users > name > Pictures > Photos Library. The Photos Library file is 106 GB, and I'd like to import it into a new MacBook Air running Catalina 10.15.5.

I don't find where to import the Photos Library file in Catalina. My Finder window has Favorites (AirDrop, Recents, Applications, Desktop, Documents, Downloads) and Locations (External HardDrive, Network). But no navigable folders for the hard drive like I'm used to.

Can someone point me where to import these photos in my new Air? Thanks!

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 7:30 PM

The conventional place is ~/Pictures/ which should already reside on your Mac, but if it does not you can create it.

Read System Photo Library overview for Photos on Mac to learn how the Photos app:

"By default, your System Photo Library is stored in the Pictures folder on your Mac ..."

Similar questions

1 reply

Where to put old Photos Library in Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.