Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Deleting Photos

Hi,

I recently purchased an iPhone 11 pro max 256gb and was upgrading from an iPhone 7. The quick start up was taking 3 hours plus so I stopped that and decided to manually set up the iPhone . The iPhone 7 was running the latest iOS 14 beta and I had to downgrade the phone to iOS 13.6 just to make the backup run on the new phone. I had about 15k photos and 6k videos which was on the extended 50GB of iCloud storage. Upon restoring the backup, I had only 7k photos so I went on iCloud and it showed all my photos I had iCloud photos library on and Ive tried everything including restoring again, removing the iCloud, turning off photos on and on, ive tried everything each forum suggests and nothing works. The photos went down to 3k after removing and haven't updated since, i've checked iCloud and the photos have gone from iCloud. Someone please help me

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 8:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 12:32 PM

If you go to iCloud.com using a computer, then to the Photos app, are the photos there? If they are, then they are still safely stored in iCloud in which case you can enable iCloud Photos on your device and leave it plugged it and connected to WiFi.

5 replies

Jul 24, 2020 3:01 PM in response to mohyuddin

Have you tried toggling that iMessage off/on? Can you send/receive iMessages? Is it just the previous text messages aren't showing? Were you previously using messages in iCloud - Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support?

Per that article....

"When you turn off Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you can choose to turn off Messages in iCloud for just that device or all of your devices. Any device where Messages in iCloud is still turned on continues to store what you send and receive from that device in iCloud."

And...

"If you turn off Messages in iCloud on an iPhone or iPad, your message history will be included in a separate iCloud backup."

iCloud Deleting Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.