Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos not showing but have backed up as “back up” instead

hi

I backed up my iPhone for the first time, it took almost 2 days and froze with 10-15% left for over 10 hours. So had to cancel it. It is showing as transferring everything (195gb) but photos aren’t shoring on the storage graph but show as backups instead. When I go to iCloud 2,000 photos are there but there should be 34,000. How do I fix this? I tried rebacking up today and it did it in 30 mins but still no photos.

thanks,

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 1:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 12:47 PM

If you were using iCloud to store your photos/videos, then it's not considered a part of the backup as the photos/videos are stored in iCloud. This is what iCloud backs up - What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support.

Do you have enough iCloud storage space to create a backup? You mentioned you tried to backup and it froze which could be caused by several reasons - WiFi, lack of storage space, the large library, etc. Assuming you have enough storage space, have you tried leaving the photos to sync/upload to the iPhone, i.e. leave the phone plugged in and connected to WiFi.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2020 12:47 PM in response to Rhetorically

If you were using iCloud to store your photos/videos, then it's not considered a part of the backup as the photos/videos are stored in iCloud. This is what iCloud backs up - What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support.

Do you have enough iCloud storage space to create a backup? You mentioned you tried to backup and it froze which could be caused by several reasons - WiFi, lack of storage space, the large library, etc. Assuming you have enough storage space, have you tried leaving the photos to sync/upload to the iPhone, i.e. leave the phone plugged in and connected to WiFi.

iCloud photos not showing but have backed up as “back up” instead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.