Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why wont my photos back up to iCloud? Everything else is.

My iPhone 10 xs max fell into pool water a few days ago and that evening I set into rice. It came back on but is acting up. I was able to get to iCloud and manually do back up. My issue is, it is taking HOURS upon HOURS, maybe because it has been a while since I've backed it up I don't know. But it appears on my iCloud account when logging in online, that everything but photos are there. Any trouble shooting / help would be greatly appreciated. I also plugged phone to computer to grab pix but nothing new is showing, though it is there on the phone.

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 1:18 PM

You cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup by using an internet browser and logging into iCloud.com.

What you can view at iCloud.com is synced data and that is different than an iCloud Backup. The photos that you can view at iCloud.com are synced as described in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you don't have iCloud Photos turned on then iCloud Backup will include your photos -- but you cannot view them at iCloud.com. You can only use the backup to restore or set up a device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2020 1:18 PM in response to CBarras

You cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup by using an internet browser and logging into iCloud.com.

What you can view at iCloud.com is synced data and that is different than an iCloud Backup. The photos that you can view at iCloud.com are synced as described in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you don't have iCloud Photos turned on then iCloud Backup will include your photos -- but you cannot view them at iCloud.com. You can only use the backup to restore or set up a device.

why wont my photos back up to iCloud? Everything else is.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.