Bought iCloud storage but phone storage still full

Have a 128GB phone and just bought 200gb of iCloud storage. Thought iClous storage would fix the problem.

If the status of the icloud is "restoring" for the photos and has been for days, but all my photos show on icloud browser, does that mean all my photos are fully backed up?

Can i delete photos from my phone to free up space is they're all stored on icloud?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 7:55 AM

You can verify the cloud status of your pictures by logging into iCloud.com or by opening the photos app on your connected device. Open photos. Tap library. Scroll to the bottom to see the item count and cloud status.

If you delete a picture on your device, it will also delete in iCloud. You can free space by optimizing your photos (Settings > Photos)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2023 7:55 AM in response to snowwhitesapple21

You can verify the cloud status of your pictures by logging into iCloud.com or by opening the photos app on your connected device. Open photos. Tap library. Scroll to the bottom to see the item count and cloud status.

If you delete a picture on your device, it will also delete in iCloud. You can free space by optimizing your photos (Settings > Photos)

Bought iCloud storage but phone storage still full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.