Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safety after being scammed

I have been caught by a scammer and he took control over my MAC. We have 2 iPhones, iPad, and the MAC. Is it safe after changing the Apple ID password to continue using these devices? Is it better that I purchase and re establish brand new ID

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 6:18 PM

You shouldn't need a new Apple ID or new devices/computers. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      

Security and your Apple ID.      

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2020 6:18 PM in response to Teachme6

You shouldn't need a new Apple ID or new devices/computers. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      

Security and your Apple ID.      

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

Jul 23, 2020 5:16 PM in response to Teachme6

Change your password.

You might also want to set up two-step authentication as a pre-caution, this lets you know when someone is trying to log into your Apple ID and you can get a code sent to your device to then log-in each time you use a new device / ip address.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID – Apple Support

Safety after being scammed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.