Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you get iDVD

I am wondering on how to get iDVD for 2 different computers. 1: My MacBook and 2: My windows 7 ( I think it is possible bcuz I got safari for it and iMovie)

MacBook

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 9:09 AM

What systems are you running on your MacBook? iDVD does not run on Catalina and only partially on Mojave. It runs very well on High Sierra. iDVD is essentially a dead app.

iDVD does not run on Windows. For that you'll have too find a video DVD authoring application that is designed fore Windows.

For your Mac you'd be best served by going to the App Store and searching for "video DVD". You'll find a number of potential candidates. Many have demo versions that you can try before purchasing.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2020 9:09 AM in response to TRQY_Gamma

What systems are you running on your MacBook? iDVD does not run on Catalina and only partially on Mojave. It runs very well on High Sierra. iDVD is essentially a dead app.

iDVD does not run on Windows. For that you'll have too find a video DVD authoring application that is designed fore Windows.

For your Mac you'd be best served by going to the App Store and searching for "video DVD". You'll find a number of potential candidates. Many have demo versions that you can try before purchasing.

Jul 31, 2020 8:11 AM in response to TRQY_Gamma

>> How do you get a IDVD? <<

You buy it. The best way is to purchase a copy of iLife 09.

Bear in mind, you have to run it on a Mac capable of running 32 big programs. In our case, we have several Macs that are "Frozen" to 10.9.5 for just that purpose.

Interestingly, there are emulators available that will allow a modern Mac to run a 20-year-old Mac operating system. But what we really need is something that will let us run a five year old operating system.

https://blog.macsales.com/64297-go-retro-with-macintosh-js/

How do you get iDVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.