Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased apple care for my new computer, but had to return it and they sent me a new replacement...apple care is registered for a device by the serial number and now I have a new serial number, how do I get apple care for the replacement computer

I purchased apple care for my new computer, but had to return it and they sent me a new replacement...apple care is registered for a device by the serial number and now I have a new serial number, how do I get apple care for the replacement computer

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 12:50 PM

I don't know if you need that. You should already have it. However, if the old serial number is on it, then they should send a new one after you make the change. If you have more questions about the transfer, it would be best to contact Apple directly.

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  2. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  3. To contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.
  4. Starting an online chat with Apple Support.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2020 12:50 PM in response to Lisaschmidtke

I don't know if you need that. You should already have it. However, if the old serial number is on it, then they should send a new one after you make the change. If you have more questions about the transfer, it would be best to contact Apple directly.

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  2. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  3. To contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.
  4. Starting an online chat with Apple Support.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.