Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update preinstalled app

Hello there! How would I be able to update an app that was pre-installed with my MacBook Pro 13? Anytime I try to update the app, I get an error message stating " unable to update because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID " which isn't true at all. Hoping for some answers.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 1:15 PM

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, roque213!

From our understanding, you’re unable to update an app that came pre-installed on your Mac. We’d be happy to help!

If the Mac was set up using a different user, the Apple ID needed to update that app may be required. If it’s a free app, you can delete the app and install it again. If you’re still unable to install the app, Contact Apple Support.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2020 1:15 PM in response to roque213

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, roque213!

From our understanding, you’re unable to update an app that came pre-installed on your Mac. We’d be happy to help!

If the Mac was set up using a different user, the Apple ID needed to update that app may be required. If it’s a free app, you can delete the app and install it again. If you’re still unable to install the app, Contact Apple Support.

Have a great day!

Unable to update preinstalled app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.