Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my device storage is suddenly gone???

no matter what i do, my device storage is constantly full. i have an iphone 6s plus because i can't afford a newer one and i have 16 GB of space total, the most i've been able to free up recently is .3GB after deleting all of my "non-necessary" apps.

i'm not able to have games on my phone or drawing apps (i'm an artist and it's very limiting not being able to have a drawing app on my device) and i have about 8 photos but it won't let me take a screenshot 80% of the time. i've been trying to find ways on my own to free up storage but i can't find anything.

is there any way to free up storage more so i can get the apps i want while still having pictures and videos? or maybe a way to buy more storage? i'm really desperate here.

thank you!

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 9:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 9:59 PM

If you go here:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You can see what is taking up your space. It will list items/apps in order of the storage space they take up.

A 16 GB phone is very small, you will likely always be fighting for space. The iOS operating system will take around 6-7 GB of this space. I'm sorry to say, but this leaves little room for photos and apps.

There is not a way to expand the storage capacity of your device. You can buy iCloud storage space, but it's more of a syncing service and I don't think it'll help.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2020 9:59 PM in response to julianna165

If you go here:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You can see what is taking up your space. It will list items/apps in order of the storage space they take up.

A 16 GB phone is very small, you will likely always be fighting for space. The iOS operating system will take around 6-7 GB of this space. I'm sorry to say, but this leaves little room for photos and apps.

There is not a way to expand the storage capacity of your device. You can buy iCloud storage space, but it's more of a syncing service and I don't think it'll help.

my device storage is suddenly gone???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.