Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I able to delete individual synced photos from my camera roll?

Photos that have been synced onto my new phone from my old one are in my photos app under the "photos" section. However, I would like to delete some photos. I have read that there is a way to select entire albums or sections but so far have not been able to find a solution for deleting individual photos.

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 4:27 AM

What does synced from your old phone mean? The way to delete a single photo is to tap on the photo in order to select it and then tap the trash can. How isn’t that working for you?

Synced sometimes means the process of using iTunes on a computer. If you synced the photos using iTunes, you have to unsync them to remove them.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2020 4:27 AM in response to Urekian777

What does synced from your old phone mean? The way to delete a single photo is to tap on the photo in order to select it and then tap the trash can. How isn’t that working for you?

Synced sometimes means the process of using iTunes on a computer. If you synced the photos using iTunes, you have to unsync them to remove them.

Jul 25, 2020 8:01 AM in response to Urekian777

Urekian777 wrote:

They are photos brought over from an old phone. The trash can button is not there.

This suggests, as Demo also did, they were placed there by syncing via Finder/iTunes, not iCloud Photos.

Those photos must be removed by syncing with Finder/iTunes again and removing them from that sync..

See >>> https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/mac-help/mchl4af095d3/mac

Am I able to delete individual synced photos from my camera roll?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.