Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just purchased a new MacBook Pro laptop and am unable to apply the latest Garageband update.

I just purchased a new MacBook Pro laptop and am unable to apply the latest Garageband update. I'm running version 10.3.4 but can apply the 10.3.5 update. The error says that Garageband cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with another AppleID.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 11:05 AM

kaydray wrote:
The error says that Garageband cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with another AppleID.

This message is probably referring to the older Garageband '11. Do you perhaps still have GarageBand 6.0.5 installed, in addition to GarageBand 10.3.4?

If not, you may have purchased GarageBand 10.3.4 with a different AppleID. Are you signed into the App Store with the same AppleID you previously used when you purchased GarageBand on your old computer?

You could try this: Move your GarageBand 10.3.4 to the Trash, but do not empty the Trash. Then search for GarageBand at the App Store and purchase it again (for free) with the AppleID you are now using.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2020 11:05 AM in response to kaydray

kaydray wrote:
The error says that Garageband cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with another AppleID.

This message is probably referring to the older Garageband '11. Do you perhaps still have GarageBand 6.0.5 installed, in addition to GarageBand 10.3.4?

If not, you may have purchased GarageBand 10.3.4 with a different AppleID. Are you signed into the App Store with the same AppleID you previously used when you purchased GarageBand on your old computer?

You could try this: Move your GarageBand 10.3.4 to the Trash, but do not empty the Trash. Then search for GarageBand at the App Store and purchase it again (for free) with the AppleID you are now using.

I just purchased a new MacBook Pro laptop and am unable to apply the latest Garageband update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.