Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some folders contain images that I didn't add?Should I delete them

My Mac was filling up with space and that 'Others' in storage is in big amount so I dug up deep in Mac

and I found out some photos which I didn't add. Maybe these are by apple.

following is the location of one of the images I found

/Library/Application Support/Apple/Photos/Print Products/Previews/BentoBox_Preview.pppreview/Contents/Resources/BentoBox-LD_08FDFDE1-DF10-4910-85F7-5D70D802B042

should I delete them coz these are too many.

if these are used by any system app plz inform. Observing the path it seems to be for photos app.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 10:00 AM

Those are image files used by the system and Apple apps like Photos, Mimeo, Pages, etc. Do not delete them. Do as Terence suggest and ignore the Other classification. Look thru your Home folder for files that you don't need or use often to move them to an external HD for storage. The OmniDiscSweeper or GrandPerspective apps can help you identify and locate large files for storage elsewhere or deletion.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2020 10:00 AM in response to ruturajkalshetti2404

Those are image files used by the system and Apple apps like Photos, Mimeo, Pages, etc. Do not delete them. Do as Terence suggest and ignore the Other classification. Look thru your Home folder for files that you don't need or use often to move them to an external HD for storage. The OmniDiscSweeper or GrandPerspective apps can help you identify and locate large files for storage elsewhere or deletion.

Jul 25, 2020 11:01 PM in response to ruturajkalshetti2404

No, don't delete them. They space they take up is tiny and they could interfere with the correct workings of Photos.

As a general comment:

That 'Other' category is misleading. It's not unimportant material, it's just stuff that doesn't easily fit the loose categories used by the programmers. Mostly that 'Other' is your stuff: your data, your music and photos and so on. What you might consider doing is getting another external HD and moving some of your data there.

Jul 25, 2020 11:12 PM in response to Yer_Man

The only data on my Mac is my Coding stuff and few photos(mostly 10). They are organized in separate folders. But that “Others” has size of about 33GB. I don’t know what’s in that 33GB. Even system information app doesn’t access that “others“. I want to know what data is there in that part rather than doing a search through finder.

Is there a way to find that.

Jul 26, 2020 3:24 AM in response to ruturajkalshetti2404

Search the forum for the hundreds (and hundreds) of people asking the same thing. That 'Other' category is a pain-in-the-you-know-where as people obsess about it as though there is some secret material taking up space. It's not. It's just a crude and lazy classification by the developers. The best thing you can do is ignore it. Don't believe me? Read the first sentence of this post again.

Some folders contain images that I didn't add?Should I delete them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.