Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different icloud photos sizes on devices and icloud and other devices. Correct information iCloud does change format of your videos, tested and proven. 2020 summer

So i see a lot of comments saying that the different size mean that the files haven't been Synced. They are all synced with 3 files difference i've checked the total count on all divices.

And i've got difference on iPhone saying 200G size of the photos, Windows iCloud saying 143G as well as my phone icloud.

Now i suppose there aren't gonna be smart heads saying that missing 57Gs are in those 3 photos ? :) haha - no let me stop your right there they are NOT :)

iCloud does mess with the format, i've uploaded the FULL HD 1080p video to icloud and downloaded from Windows browser and it was downloaded in 720p.

I've plugged in the iphone and went into the files found the video and compared the size which were different.

I'm not asking the question i'm simply trying to improve Apple care by providing the CORRECT answer to this question. Which everybody seems to blame on the Sync issue. It's not, if you're seeing different size then they are different. Just check the photos count.

ICLOUD DOES SHRINK THE VIDEO SIZE of your videos. I've tested. And even if it doesn't what good are they to me if I can't download them in original format ??? Btw i'm using "download" button on the browser and if you're gonna tell me that in 2020 Chrome can't handle 1080p video ??? seriously ???

Can we get REAL apple developer or Apple support person to comment on this ?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 12:02 PM

When you clicked the Downloads button at www.icloud.com, did you select the unmodified original? By default you will get the preview of the edited version.

Be sure to download the originals by using the hidden "v" menu in the lower right corner of the Download button.

Similar questions

3 replies

Different icloud photos sizes on devices and icloud and other devices. Correct information iCloud does change format of your videos, tested and proven. 2020 summer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.