Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV unit not recognized by Samsung tv

It's killing me that our new Samsung tv won't speak to the apple tv 4K unit were all our apps are. Samsung's search of apps has such a limited selection & missing most of the sports apps (NBA, NFL etc).

Whenever I try to select the Apple TV unit from the source option, all I get is this screen even though the unit is powered up. Home screen also reflects the 'no power from the unit' hiccup.

Anyone else have this issue and found a solution?

UTU8000,

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 11:24 PM

@Doctabunk:

- Verify that the Apple TV 4K box is powered on and started up properly, by looking for the glowing status light.

- Verify the HDMI connection by disconnecting the cable from both ends, then re-connecting again.

- Test the “HDMI 2” port on the TV by connecting a different HDMI device temporarily.

- If you can, test the Apple TV 4K box and HDMI cable on a different TV.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2020 11:24 PM in response to Doctabunk

@Doctabunk:

- Verify that the Apple TV 4K box is powered on and started up properly, by looking for the glowing status light.

- Verify the HDMI connection by disconnecting the cable from both ends, then re-connecting again.

- Test the “HDMI 2” port on the TV by connecting a different HDMI device temporarily.

- If you can, test the Apple TV 4K box and HDMI cable on a different TV.

Apple TV unit not recognized by Samsung tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.