Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store Media Drains iPhone 6 Battery:

How do I Fx this Battery Draining Issue?:

When playing iTunes Store content on my iPhone 6, its battery power drains extremely fast - in roughly 10 minutes (whether or not the media is dowloaded or streamed).

Other Info:

I recently had my battery swapped out by a retailer. The new battery's health quickly dropped from 100% to 98%, which is typical. My iPhone 6 is around 6 years old, The battery's health recently dropped to 79%, which is when and why I swapped out the battery. Typically, I use it for TV, Music, Safari, Mail, and intermittent phone calls. Lastly, as for streaming YouTube videos, that makes no difference:

Screenshots:

• Screenshot 1:

(6% Shown on Top-Right of Screenshot 2):

• Screenshot 2:

Full Screenshot (See Top-Right Corner)

iPhone 6

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 7:37 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 30, 2020 8:32 AM in response to i_rina

i_rina Said:

[...]This resource is helpful to understand which features and apps are using your battery's resources: About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.[...]

———-

Thank you Kindly for the Reply!

What I Conclude:

Usage:

I’m typically using it for Safari and MediaPlayer - I’ve noticed for a while that Safari drains it quite a bit faster, than Media Player does, I would not expect that, based on use. I don’t do hourly-longs phone calls.

Brightness:

And the brightness was way up there at 100%. Brought it down 60% - looks just fine in the middle of the day.

The Percentage:

• Is it for the battery currently inside?
  • Is if for the entire life of the device?
  • Or is it for the time as an Apple User?

Wrote this with my iPhone:

It dropped 12% while writing this reply for a few minutes, and then slowed down in battery percentage with brightness at 60%z

Safari & Brightness Seem the Culprits:

So, I’d conclude it’s Safari and Brightness causing a spectacular percentage of this. And some is up with Draining it much more than media(because media more active, IMO),

Jul 30, 2020 5:53 AM in response to TheLittles

Hello TheLittles,

We understand it is essential for your battery to retain a charge so you can enjoy using your iPhone 6. We'll be glad to share a few tips to assist you.

This resource is helpful to understand which features and apps are using your battery's resources: About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Specifically, we recommend scrolling to the “Check battery usage" section, and look for background activity. You can also see that at a glance in the Activity graph in Settings > General > Battery. Light blue indicates background activity, which means that apps or features are running in the background, which can result in shortened battery life.

These tips should help you identify the reason for the shortened battery life, so you can tweak your settings for apps and features to better serve your needs.

All the best!

Jul 30, 2020 11:31 AM in response to TheLittles

Hey TheLittles,

Thanks for sharing those details with us. You've done some great work to isolate the issue and personalize your settings.

We'll gladly address your conclusions and take your questions one at a time below.

Brightness:

This feature can definitely affect battery life, so we commend you for adjusting it, and quickly noticing a difference. Ideally, we suggest reducing it to the lowest brightness level which is comfortable for you, and enabling the Auto-brightness feature so your iPhone can readily adjust to changes in ambient light. Check out this helpful guide to Adjust the brightness on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

The Percentage:

Great question! Your battery's maximum capacity, which you can view in Settings > Battery > Battery Health, is an indicator of the lifespan remaining.

A typical battery will continue to perform well through about 500 cycles or until that number has dropped to 80% or below. Follow this link to learn about that and other factors which influence iPhone Battery and Performance.

Specifically, we want to point your attention to the details in the section entitled "Your battery's maximum capacity". We'll include an excerpt here for your quick reference:

"Maximum battery capacity measures the device battery capacity relative to when it was new. A battery will have lower capacity as the battery chemically ages which may result in fewer hours of usage between charges...A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. "

To learn more about charging cycles, and what is considered a full charging cycle, we recommend checking out this informative link: Why Lithium-ion?

Usage:

Since you've pinned down that Safari is using a higher percentage of battery life than you'd like to see, we suggest checking your Safari settings as detailed here: Browse privately in Safari on iPhone.

After following the tips above, test the battery usage for 24-48 hours to compare to the battery usage prior to the changes.

Cheers!

iTunes Store Media Drains iPhone 6 Battery:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.