Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Magic Wireless rechargeable mouse stops working

I have been using my Apple Magic Wireless rechargeable mouse and all of a sudden it disconnects (it is 100% charged) and connects via Bluetooth. I use it on my MacBook Pro (13 inch - Early 2015) running MacOS Catalina. While connected all functionality etc. works 100% and I can change settings. It is intermittent and I can not figure out what/how to check - I love the mouse but do not want to spend $70+ to replace if there is an easier way to resolve the connectivity.

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 11:15 AM

Thanks for the input - I have probably then overstayed the mouse's welcome as it has lasted 5+ years, so I will retire the rechargeable Magic Mouse and keep using the battery powered mouse, which by the way is 7+ years young ;-)

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 27, 2020 8:00 AM in response to dvisser01

Greetings dvisser01,

Thanks for posting on the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having an issue with your Apple Magic Mouse 2 intermittently connecting via Bluetooth on your MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2015) model.

Based on the information that you've described, I recommend that you take a look at Apple Article - HT204621. This article was specifically designed to troubleshoot intermittent issues with a Bluetooth mouse. Interjecting a personal thought, I have a feeling it may be related to some sort of interference.

Good luck!

Jul 27, 2020 9:24 AM in response to dvisser01

Thanks for your response, this is great information.

Other than basic troubleshooting such as un-pairing it and re-pairing it using Bluetooth on the MacBook Pro, you'll need to isolate the issue directly to the Magic Mouse 2. This would be indicative of a mouse hardware issue if other devices do not have intermittent issues with Bluetooth.

Ensure that your MacBook Pro has the latest version of macOS Catalina.

All Apple Products come with a 1 year limited warranty, including accessories such as your mouse: https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/accessory-warranty-english.html

If you've purchased the mouse within the past year, I recommend that you Contact Apple Support for additional troubleshooting before initiating a hardware repair.

Jul 27, 2020 8:34 AM in response to rreinhardt93

Thanks - I have looked at the article before - other than checking manually for interference and through the process of elimination I am not sure how else to check. My Magic Mouse 2 (not rechargeable) works 100% in the exact same spot - just runs it's batteries down every 3-4 weeks. So I believe that confirms there is no interference as they are both running on the same frequency (one is just rechargeable and the other not).

Apple Magic Wireless rechargeable mouse stops working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.