Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing Control Center Iphone XS

Is there an alternate way to access the control center? Other than swiping down from the top right corner? If I get an incoming phone call and am switching over to a bluetooth headset (sometimes the Iphone defaults on whim to something else so I have to change it) and if it's hot or my fingers are sweaty the swipe won't work. And there's no way to get there...so I end up having to call the person back -- where I am given the option as to what audio output I want to use. Any other ways to access this?

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 3:03 PM

When you are on a call this is the screen that is displayed:

You can tap the Audio button to select an audio source. If you don’t see this screen just tap the green bar in the upper left corner (tap, don’t swipe). If you see the keypad instead just tap “Hide”.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 27, 2020 2:34 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Not sure what you mean by a separate 'audio button' or where it is. When I get a call, sometimes, an audio output list (bluetooth/speaker/iphone) comes on when I answer, in which case I just pick whatever audio device I wish to use. But sometimes the audio output list does not come up -- and then I I'll need to access audio output options by swiping down on top right to get to the control center and choosing the circle/arrow audio option and then the device (bluetooth). The bluetooth is already connected to the iphone so connecting it is not the answer. That's what I'm referring to above. The swipe does not always work.

Jul 28, 2020 9:39 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks for your help. The audio button was the solution. I just don't set up stuff while I'm actually IN a call...I try do it before or after and you can't access or even see that option unless you're actually talking. But as for the green bar -- it did not respond to tapping. And I am adding to this post that if anyone else has this issue they need to search for 'switch audio output while on phone' to get an answer...otherwise the only thing that shows up in a search is the control center solution.

Accessing Control Center Iphone XS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.