Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV 4K randomly disconnects from Internet

Hello all,

I have the AppleTV 4K that is connected to the internet via wired ethernet to my home router.

Randomly, but quite consistently, I get a small message on the upper right hand corner of my screen saying that the Appel TV has been disconnected from the Internet.

It is noticeable if I am trying to play music using home sharing from my imac, it will just cut out when that error message occurs. I see it quite often when streaming netflix, although it never cuts out.

I've tried different cables and different jacks on the router. No other component, imac, printer, etc, has any internet connectivity issues, and the wifi components (iphone, ipad etc), work flawlessly without any internet dropouts.

I would like to try to stay "wired" because I stream large videos from imac to appleTV, and I used to get lots of buffering issues (albeit on appletv 3rd gen, thats why I upgraded).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 7:14 PM

Hello,

Please refer to the following Apple Support document.

Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

AppleTV 4K randomly disconnects from Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.