Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get music from Apple Music onto a clip in iMovie?

I am unable to get the tunes from Apple Music to accompany a clip on iMovie. Has anyone done this?

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 3:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 9:05 AM

Hi, Tommo_T,

Apple Music cannot be used in an iMovie project first because it is a subscription program and secondly because all of its songs are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected. To use a song in iMovie you must purchase it directly from the iTunes app store.

-- Rich

3 replies

Jul 28, 2020 11:36 AM in response to Tommo_T

This is a consumer forum and none of us here are authorized to speak for Apple. I just point out that the purposes of the two programs, Apple Music and iTunes, are different. The former is for listening and you are not purchasing a track but just the right to stream and listen to a track within the terms of the subsciption. iTunes is for personal listening and use in projects in accordance with the license. You don't need to purchase a track twice if you purchase it initially in iTunes for use in your projects. In your case you didn't realize that, so you would need to make a second purchase.

-- Rich

How do I get music from Apple Music onto a clip in iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.