Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X not syncing music with iTunes music library

Hi. I was wondering why all of a sudden my iPhone X isn’t syncing with my iTunes music library. It started about 2-3 weeks ago and it wouldn’t sync new songs back then. I have tried numerous times by restarting my phone, computer, making sure updates are current on both iPhone and iTunes. Yesterday I tried to sync music again and it erased all of my songs! I have had this iPhone almost 2 years and this is the first time it has given my any issues with syncing music. I have a 4th generation iPod touch and that syncs music just fine. Any ideas why my iPhone all of a sudden won’t sync? Thanks!

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 8:32 AM

Hello iPhoneX-2020,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. Based on the information that you provided, I recommend that you ensure that the basic settings are setup correctly for synchronization. If you chose to synchronize no music to the iPhone, this explains why it was erased.

Apple Article - HT210612 Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2020 8:32 AM in response to iPhoneX-2020

Hello iPhoneX-2020,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. Based on the information that you provided, I recommend that you ensure that the basic settings are setup correctly for synchronization. If you chose to synchronize no music to the iPhone, this explains why it was erased.

Apple Article - HT210612 Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

iPhone X not syncing music with iTunes music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.