Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 11 won't charge

I see that there are a lot of other people who have the same problem. My iPad Pro is 7 months old. It was working fine until about a week ago. First, the charging light would not appear, or the sound. it was weird like the and then I would charge it overnight and the next morning it would be dead.

Apple is going to replace it (for $99 which I think is a ripoff but I can't wait 2-3 weeks for them to repair) but I'm worried this is going to happen again! I certainly hope they send a new one because the one I have is still under warranty and I did nothing wrong to nake it fail.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 7:57 PM

Hello,

Please refer to the following Apple Support document.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

4 replies

Aug 27, 2020 9:33 AM in response to noni33

Try charging it using a 60W adaptor, like the one for an I-Mac Pro. This, in the case of an iPad Pro using the new C type adaptor. I suffered the same problem after left my iPad running with a youtube video and it auto-shutdown due to low battery. I couldn’t get it to charge, Apple wanted $499 to fix the problem, but then I plugged it into an iMac-Pro charger and issue resolved itself in about 3 min. It seems that the more powerful charger jumped started the battery.

Sep 10, 2020 6:35 AM in response to noni33

I bought the Apple IPad Pro 11” the end of May and yesterday it refused to charge. No lightning bolt would appear. I also have IPad Air so I tried that charging wire (which is the same) still nothing. I tried different outlets in my house and even bought another charger just to ease my mind. Still nothing. I called Apple and had a great agent on the line. I hold nothing against her. I’m just not happy that it has to be serviced instead of replaced since it’s still new. Now reading many others are having the same problem I feel it ought to be replaced.

iPad Pro 11 won't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.