Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t update my iPhone 6s to the new version iOS 13.6 what do I do?

I tried shutting down my iPhone, and Turing it back on. I reset my NetWork settings and put my network back and nothing really changed. I’m really curious too on why it says I'm connected to my internet and when I go on safari it takes a while for it to load, I have to turn off my WiFi to make it work. How can I fix these problems?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 4:39 PM

Here are the conditions that must be met to update iOS over the air:

• You must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • The phone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • You must have at least 3 GB of free storage
  • You cannot be connected through VPN
  • If you are not planning for it to update automatically you should turn this option off, as it will only update when the phone is plugged in, connected to Wi-Fi and locked
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2020 4:39 PM in response to josedegreat

Here are the conditions that must be met to update iOS over the air:

• You must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • The phone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • You must have at least 3 GB of free storage
  • You cannot be connected through VPN
  • If you are not planning for it to update automatically you should turn this option off, as it will only update when the phone is plugged in, connected to Wi-Fi and locked
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Jul 29, 2020 8:13 AM in response to josedegreat

Basic Wi-Fi troubleshooting:

• If it is all networks: Settings/General/Reset - Reset network settings
  • If it is all networks and that doesn’t fix it use the Contact Support link at the top of this page to discuss hardware repair options
  • If it is only your home network: Reboot the router by removing all power from it for 15 to 30 seconds
  • If it is only your home network: Forget the network, then try again.

Aug 9, 2020 6:03 PM in response to josedegreat

Hello Jose,

Glad that things worked out for you in the end. Happy for you. Just wanted you to note that it was ALL Lawrence Finch. I had very little to do with your resolve. Lawrence had guided you from start to finish, and, to your credit, you took it past the finish line. This is a great example of why things work in these Apple forums.

Axel F.

I can’t update my iPhone 6s to the new version iOS 13.6 what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.