Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t share my name and my photo

Hello. As soon as I open iMessages and click on “share photo and name”, a message pops and says that my iMessage account and iCloud aren’t connected or it’s not the same account. How can I fix that?

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 5:22 PM

This is in answer to to the problem where share name and photos are met with icloSd and Imessage are not connected. The answer is that you must have the same email address which icloud is opening with on your device as the email address you have in messages. So in settings click on your name to the Apple ID page and see which email address is under your name. Then go back to Settings/Messages and click Send & Receive. If you only have your phone number here or another email address then you will have to add the same email address you have here to the imessage account. So click Apple Id and add the appropriate email address. Fixed!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2020 5:22 PM in response to SravanKrA

This is in answer to to the problem where share name and photos are met with icloSd and Imessage are not connected. The answer is that you must have the same email address which icloud is opening with on your device as the email address you have in messages. So in settings click on your name to the Apple ID page and see which email address is under your name. Then go back to Settings/Messages and click Send & Receive. If you only have your phone number here or another email address then you will have to add the same email address you have here to the imessage account. So click Apple Id and add the appropriate email address. Fixed!

Can’t share my name and my photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.